Full name: Gerson Santos da Silva
Date of birth: 20/05/1997 (17 years old)
Place of birth: Belford Roxo (Brazil)
Youth career: Fluminense FC
Current club: Fluminense FC
Squad number: 24
Current national team: Brazil U-20
Position: central midfielder, attacking midfielder, winger
Preferred foot: left
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: Sudamericano U-20 2015 (1/0)
Contract until: unknown
Player’s agent: unknown
Similar type of player: combined playing styles of James Rodriguez & Ángel Di María
– unpredictability on the ball
Style of play:
– modern attacking midfielder/flamboyant winger
– likes to dribble
– often uses his creativity to set up goals for other players
– likes to play through balls
– often cuts inside on his left foot to move to a more central attacking position, and uses uses his speed and skill to take on defenders until he finds the space to make an attempt on goal
– likes to be given a free role
– exceptional precision when passing and shooting
– often beats an opponent with a trick or feint
– likes to take unpredictable shots on goal
He is best suited to playing as:
Attacking midfielder in 4-2-3-1.
No senior team appearances yet.
Gerson is a product of Fluminense youth academy. He is considered to be one of the greatest football talents in Brazilian football currently. In 2014, was one of only two Brazilians to feature on a list entitled “TOP 40 young talent in world football – born in 1997″ by The Guardian. The other was Malcolm from Corinthians. At the moment he takes part in the 2015 South American Youth Football Championship with “Canarinhos” U20 – it is worth noting that despite being one of the youngest members of the team he is the star that decides about the image of the team.
“Gerson has already attracted the attention of Europe’s top clubs. The club have reportedly turned down an approach from Juventus and Brazilian media have also spoken about Manchester City monitoring his progress.”
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
Player has potential to become a key player in a top European club.