Country: Czech Republic
Date of birth: 19/05/1998 (18 years old)
Place of birth: Košice (Slovakia)
Youth career: Slavia Prague
Current club: Slavia Prague
Squad number: —
Current national team: Czech Republic U-19
Position: central defender, defensive midfielder, central midfielder
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): 75.000 €
Tournaments participated in: 2015 UEFA European Under-17 Championship qualification elite round (3/0), 2015 UEFA European Under-17 Championship (2/0)
Contract until: 30.06.2017
Player’s agent: SIG Football
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Sven Bender
– positional sense
– tackling and intercepting
No significant weaknesses.
Style of play:
– elegant, complete and dominant defender/holding midfielder
– versatile player who is naturally adept in several positions, and is capable of aiding his team defensively as well as offensively
– capable of playing at both centre back and defensive/centre midfield thanks to his vision, ability to read the game and tactical awareness
– known for his composure, elegance, ball playing ability, and confidence in possession
– well-fit, hard-working, and quick at anticipating the movement of the opponents
– accurate and tenacious tackler
– likes to spread play with good long-range diagonals
– likes to maraud forward
– dominant in the air
– high tackling and interception rate
– very good at breaking down opposition plays due to his positional sense and defensive attributes
– able to control the threat of the attacker without causing an imbalance in the defensive line
– concentrated, determined and commited player with very good rate of individual and collective work
– ambitious player eager and hungry to improve, constantly working on his weak points, such as weaker foot
He is best suited to playing as:
Central defender in 4-2-3-1.
League summary (as for 18 November 2016):
No senior team appearances yet.
Alex Král is a product of Slavia Prague academy, youth system known for having produced many Czech internationals such as Tomáš Necid, David Jarolím, Vladimír Šmicer, Jiří Štajner and Marek Suchý. Alex started out as a central midfielder but now is playing more and more often as the central defender, and it seems that this will be the position he will be playing in the future. He is often compared to David Luiz due to the haircut, but also his play style. He is also a regular Czech Republic youth international, having been capped at the U-16, U-17, and U-19 levels. In 2015, he played at the European U-17 Championship, where young Czechs failed to advance from a tough group containing Germany, Slovenia and Belgium.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
First team material in a top European club.