Date of birth: 10/01/2002 (16 years old)
Place of birth: Poznań (Poland)
Youth career: Lech Poznań
Current club: Lech Poznań
Squad number: —
Current national team: Poland U-17
Position: central midfielder, attacking midfielder
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: UEFA Youth League 2018/2019 (1/0)
Contract until: unknown
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Kevin De Bruyne
– ball control
No significant weaknesses.
Style of play:
– advanced playmaker
– likes to be fielded in a free role as an attacking midfielder, where he is given space to roam the pitch
– intelligent player, who finds the space well between the lines
– likes to roam around in the space between the opposition’s midfield and defence
– known for his composure in possession, first touch, technique, balance, close control, and dribbling ability
– capable both of creating chances for team-mates, as well as scoring goals himself, due to his vision and ability to play off of other players
– likes to dribble
– likes to come a bit deeper to get the ball
– possesses good mid-range and long-range shooting skills
– creative at his off-the-ball movements, and likes to find the best space to receive the ball with good timings, linking up the team’s midfield and attack
– able to deliver pin-point passes and crosses
– able to produce powerful and dangerous runs up field on the counter attack
– displays a natural technique to take fast decisions in tight spaces/press-resistant player
– knows how to use his body to shield the ball from defenders thanks to his technique, physical strength, cleverness and ball control
– very strong in 1v1 situations, unpredictable and very confident of his skills
– often makes surging runs into penalty box
– fairly good in the air
He is best suited to playing as:
Attacking midfielder in 4-2-3-1.
Polish U-17 Championship 2016/2017 winner with Lech.
League summary (as for 4 November 2018):
No senior team appearances yet.
Filip Marchwiński is a product of Lech Poznań academy, youth system renowned for producing many great talents in recent years such as Karol Linetty, Bartosz Bereszyński, Dawid Kownacki, Marcin Kamiński, Robert Gumny and Kamil Jóźwiak. Filip is considered to be one of the most talented players of Polish generation 2002 along with Łukasz Bejger, Marcel Wędrychowski, Jakub Górski, Mikołaj Biegański and Filip Szymczak.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
First team material in a top European club.