Date of birth: 05/04/2000 (18 years old)
Place of birth: Gorzów Wielkopolski (Poland)
Youth career: MKP Gorzów Wielkopolski, Legia Warszawa, Pogoń Szczecin (since 2017)
Current club: Pogoń Szczecin
Squad number: 40
Current national team: Poland U-20
Position: central defender, defensive midfielder
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): 200.000 €
Tournaments participated in: 2017 UEFA European Under-17 Championship qualification elite round (3/0), 2018 UEFA European Under-19 Championship qualification elite round (2/1)
Contract until: 30.06.2020
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: Arsenal & Southampton
Similar type of player: Raphaël Varane
– aerial duels
– tackling and intercepting
No significant weaknesses.
Style of play:
– complete, elegant and dominant centre-back
– large, consistent, and physically strong player who feels very comfortable in contact situations
– great at finding passes through both the first and second line of pressing from the opposition
– known for his composure, confidence in possession, understanding of the game and an above-average technical capacity
– very good vision and passing skills also when it comes to breaking the lines with laser passes
– often wins the ball back by outmuscling players thanks to his significant upper-body strength
– accurate and tenacious tackler
– likes to spread play with good long-range diagonals
– extremely dominant in the air
– indirect set-piece threat
– high tackling and interception rate
– concentrated, determined and commited player with very good rate of individual and collective work
He is best suited to playing as:
Central defender in 4-3-3.
Polish U-19 Champion 2015/2016 with Legia.
Polish U-19 Champion 2016/2017 with Legia.
League summary (as for 25 November 2018):
Ekstraklasa 2017/2018: 3 games/0 goals (Pogoń)
Ekstraklasa 2018/2019 (ongoing): 14 games/0 goals (Pogoń)
Sebastian Walukiewicz joined Pogoń Szczecin from Legia Warszawa in 2017. He made his Ekstraklasa debut on 4 April 2018 against Legia. His recent performances already caught the eyes of several notable European clubs including Arsenal and Southampton. He is also a regular Polish youth international, having been capped at the U-15, U-16, U-17 U-18, U-19 and U-20 levels – he earned over 35 caps so far.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
First team material in a top European club.