Miguel Gutiérrez by Kaba
Full name: Miguel Gutiérrez Ortega
Birthday place: Madrid
Date of birth: 27/07/2001 (18)
Youth teams: Getafe (2006-2011)
Current team: Real Madrid (since 2011)
Current national team: Spain U-19
Position: LB – CB – CM – LW
Preferred foot: left
Market Value : –
Tournaments participated in : UEFA Youth League 2017/18, 2018/19 and 2019/20, EURO U17 in 2017, EURO U19 in 2019.
Contract until : 30.06.2024
Player’s agent: Top Value
Similar player: Marcelo
– ball control
– reading of the game
– offensive contribution
Style of play:
– complete full-back: he is capable of doing everything on the field
– versatile player who can play as LB, CB, CM or as LW
– player with a very good technique and who can dribble his opponent’s to get out of small spaces or to get rid of the opponent’s pressing
– he likes to get inside the game to combine with his teammates
– player who is able to outflank and outpace his opponent to make good crosses
– player with good crossing quality, able to make accurate crosses at the first post, second post or back
– he has a very good football IQ: he anticipates opponents’ actions well, is able to find his team-mates with precise passes and often makes the right choices
– player with a very good offensive contribution capable of assisting his team-mates but also of scoring (7 goals this season with Real Madrid U19’s)
– player with good shooting skills, who can score goals from distance and he is also a good penalty kicker: he is the first penalty kicker of his team
– He is rather solid defensively, he brings security to his teammates and defends with his head: he rarely throws himself and defends a maximum standing
– his size (1.80 M) allows him to defend well on aerial duels
– without being extremely fast, he has the necessary speed to defend against fast wingers and he compensates it with his reading of the game
Stats in 2019/20:
7 goals in 30 games (League + Youth League)
Miguel Gutiérrez came to La Fábrica when he was 10 years from Getafe. He gradually progressed through the steps at Real Madrid and his great 2016-2017 season with the U16’s (Cadete A) allowed him to be overtaken by the Juvenil B (U18) the following season (2017-18). During that season (2017-18), Guti, aware of his talent and potential, made his debut with the U19s (when he was only 16 at the time), and he will finally play 22 games with the U19’s (Juvenil A) this season.
The 2018-2019 season has been one of confirmation for him, as he has established himself as an undisputed starter and has been one of the most important players in the team.
He made his professional debut with Real Madrid in the pre-season last summer against Fernerbache, making him the first La Fábrica player born in the 21st century to play for the first team. He is also a member of the Spain U19 squad and won the EURO U19 last summer against Portugal even though he didn’t have much playing time at that tournament. Miguel Gutiérrez is one of La Fabrica’s top talents and Real Madrid have high hopes for him and have extended his contract until 2024. He reminds me of Marcelo but with superior defensive qualities. Next season he will play with Real Madrid Castilla in Segunda B (Spanish 3rd division).
La Fábrica has produced some very good full-backs in recent years (Dani Carvajal, Achraf Hakimi, Sergio Reguilon, Fran Garcia…) and Miguel has everything to be the next one to follow this road.