Date of birth: 20/10/2003 (16 years old)
Place of birth: Northampton (England)
Youth career: Northampton Town, Aston Villa (since 2016)
Current club: Aston Villa
Squad number: —
Current national team: England U-17
Position: central midfielder, attacking midfielder
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: —
Contract until: unknown
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: Manchester United, Manchester City, Liverpool
Similar type of player: Paul Pogba
– ball control
No significant weaknesses.
Style of play:
– powerful, skillful & creative box-to-box midfielder
– player with very good body mass ratio, physical strength, power, stamina and natural fitness who feels comfortable in contact situations
– all-round midfielder
– midfielder who can perform at all of midfield positions, linking up the team’s midfield and attack with ease and effectiveness
– intelligent player, who finds the space well between the lines
– great coordination, agility and footwork for a player of his size
– midfielder that imposes himself on the pitch with his physicality, work rate, energy and determination
– extremely difficult to knock off the ball thanks to his size, technique and good close control
– possesses high stamina, energy and the ability to go on lung-bursting runs through the middle of the park
– elegant and composed under pressure/press-resistant player
– above-average decision making
– great tactical and spatial awareness
– very good in combination play
– able to play line-breaking passes thanks to his technique, vision, and timing
– impacts the game at both the ends of the pitch
– his stamina, determination and pace enables him to cover a lot of ground ground
– hard-working and determined in defensive phase with many important tackles and interceptions for his team
– fairly good in the air
– very accomplished for his age
Chukwuemeka with a superb run through the middle and good line-breaking pass to his teammate.
Chukwuemeka makes a good interception and starts the attack of his team.
He is best suited to playing as:
Central midfielder in 4-3-3.
League summary (as for 15 October 2020):
No senior team appearances yet.
Carney Chukwuemeka joined Aston Villa youth academy from Northampton Town in 2016 aged only 12. He is considered to be the most talented English player born in 2004. After impressing for Villa U18s he was promoted to the U-23 team and now he’s playing against players up to seven years his senior. Many top clubs including Manchester United, Manchester City and Liverpool wanted to sign him but he signed his first contract with Aston Villa and decided to continue his development in Birmingham.
“I am happy to have finally committed my future to Aston Villa. Can’t wait for the new season.”
(Carney Chukwuemeka on Instagram after signing his first professional contract)
Football Talent Scout potential rating: