Date of birth: 09/01/2002 (18 years old)
Place of birth: Ezeiza (Argentina)
Youth career: Club Atlético Lanús
Current club: Club Atlético Lanús
Squad number: 11
Current national team: —
Position: winger, second striker
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): 675.000 €
Tournaments participated in: —
Contract until: unknown
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Eden Hazard
– pace and acceleration
– ball control
– first touch
– physical strength
– defensive contribution
Style of play:
– wide forward
– equally good on both wings
– creative player with very good technique on the ball, acceleration skills, fast direction shifts, short-dribbling and good short-mid through passing ability
– likes to dribble
– likes to enter the opposition’s penalty area whenever possible
– often uses his skills to beat defenders, cut inside and create himself a decent opportunity to score from
– confident, powerful, dynamic and very positive with the ball
– likes to vary his play by cutting inside, running to the by-line and swapping wings
– superb off the ball intelligence to recognize spaces where to receive/run into
– excellent balance and changes of pace
– extremely difficult to knock off the ball thanks to low centre of gravity and excellent close control
– exceptional ability to maneuver in small spaces
– able to dribble and cross at top speed
– extremely dangerous on the counter thanks to his electric pace and acceleration
– all-action and energetic
– good ambidexterity using his left weaker foot
Orozco with a great run and magnificent finish.
Orozco with another outrageous finish.
He is best suited to playing as:
Left winger in 4-3-3.
2017 South American Under-15 Football Championship winner with Argentina.
League summary (as for 4 December 2020):
Primera División 2020/2021 (ongoing): 4 games/1 goal (Lanús)
Franco Orozco is a product of Club Atlético Lanús youth academy. He is considered to be one of the most talented teenagers in South America. He made his first-team debut in a 3–2 victory over São Paulo in the Copa Sudamericana, replacing Braian Aguirre early in the second half. In 2017, he represented his country at the South American Under-15 Football Championship, where young ‘Albicelestes’ won the gold medal.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
Player has the potential to become a key player in a top European club.