Date of birth: 27/06/2004 (17 years old)
Place of birth: Sassari (Italy)
Youth career: Cagliari Calcio
Current club: Cagliari Calcio
Squad number: —
Current national team: Italy U-16
Position: winger, second striker
Preferred foot: left
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: —
Contract until: 30.06.2023
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Mohamed Salah
– aerial duels
– ambidexterity/playing with his right weaker foot
Style of play:
– inside forward
– predominantly plays on the right hand side of a front three
– excellent balance, footwork, and changes of pace
– extremely difficult to knock off the ball thanks to his low center of gravity and excellent ball control
– very skillful at beating his markers and evading pressure
– often uses his skills to beat defenders, cut inside and create himself a decent opportunity to score or pass
– known for his “quick feet”, speed of movement and close control
– possesses impressive mid-range and long-range shooting skills with his left foot
– extremely dangerous on the counter thanks to his pace and acceleration
– able to dribble and make quick combinations with his teammates at top speed
– avoids using his right weaker foot
– high work rate in pressing
– all-action and energetic
– gets fouled often
Masala enters the penalty area and sends a dangerous shot which finishes as an assist.
Masala wins a penalty after a great counter attacking run.
He is best suited to playing as:
Right winger in 4-3-3.
League summary (as for 27 June 2021):
No senior team appearances yet.
Michele Masala is a product of Cagliari academy – youth system that produced many interesting players in recent years such as Nicolò Barella, Roberto Biancu and Andrea Carboni. Masala is tipped to be the next big thing from the Rossoblu academy. He is one of the youngest players to ever play in Campionato Primavera – he made his debut aged only 15 years, 3 months and 8 days.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
Player has the potential to become a key player in a top European club.