Full name: Arthur Wenderroscky Sanches
Date of birth: 24/02/2005 (16 years old)
Place of birth: Nova Friburgo (Brazil)
Youth career: Fluminense
Current club: Fluminense
Squad number: —
Current national team: Brazil U-17
Position: central midfielder, attacking midfielder, winger
Preferred foot: left
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: 2019 South American Under-15 Football Championship (6/1)
Contract until: 22.02.2026
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Bernardo Silva
– ball control
– first touch
– needs to improve his strength to endure stronger players
– aerial duels
Style of play:
– roaming playmaker/advanced playmaker
– creative player with superb technical ability, 1vs1 short-dribbling skills, close ball control and fast direction shifts in possession
– midfielder who sees the game differently from most revealing creativity, cleverness at his off-the-ball movements, great vision and passing ability orchestrating or providing dynamism to the team’s build-up process with ease and effectiveness
– player that always tries to find a vertical option in his game with dribbling, progressive runs and passes/very capable of pushing his team forward to finishing positions
– likes to play in a free attacking role granted the freedom to roam the pitch and find space
– very good pace, agility, and coordination
– able to deliver pinpoint passes and crosses
– excellent balance, coordination and changes of pace
– very strong in 1v1 situations, unpredictable and very confident of his skills
– known for his energy and defensive work-rate, which enables him to cover ground, press opponents, and start attacks after winning back possession
– displays a natural technique to take fast decisions in tight spaces/press-resistant player
– extremely difficult to knock off the ball thanks to low centre of gravity and excellent close control
– equally useful in combinational and counterattacking style
– decent ambidexterity when using his right weaker foot
– competent set-piece taker
– accurate penalty taker
Arthur controls the ball with a superb first touch and provides an assist with a great through ball.
Arthur with a great run through the middle – he dribbles past two opponents and creates a big chance with a brilliant pass.
He is best suited to playing as:
Central midfielder in 4-3-3.
2019 South American Under-15 Football Championship winner with Brazil.
Campeonato Brasileiro U-17 2020 winner with Fluminense.
League summary (as for 19 July 2021):
Campeonato Carioca 2021: 1 game/0 goals (Fluminense)
Arthur Wenderroscky is a product of Fluminense academy – one of the best youth systems in South America. In 2020, he was a member of an amazing Fluminense team that won the Campeonato Brasileiro U-17 along with other extremely talented players such as Metinho, Kayky, João Neto, Gustavo Lobo, Matheus Martins, and Jefté. He made his professional debut aged 16 years and 9 days on 5 March 2021 in Campeonato Carioca game against Resende FC – thanks to that he became the youngest Fluminense player ever.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
Player has the potential to become a key player in a top European club.