Full name: Álvaro Bastida Moya
Date of birth: 12/05/2004 (17 years old)
Place of birth: Chiclana de la Frontera (Spain)
Youth career: Cádiz CF
Current club: Cádiz CF
Squad number: 27
Current national team: Spain U-18
Position: defensive midfielder, central midfielder
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: Lafarge Foot Avenir 2021
Contract until: 30.06.2022
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Xavi
– ball control
– tactical intelligence
– ability to read the game
– work rate
– needs to improve his strength to endure stronger players
– aerial duels
Style of play:
– midfield controller
– well-rounded, hard-working team player
– perfect for a possession-based team
– knows how to dictate tempo using his good vision, passing ability at all distances and natural technique to create dynamism on the team’s build-up process
– very comfortable and composed on the ball, with a willingness to play and receive passes along the ground
– constantly asking for the ball and often is an additional passing option
– concentrated player with very good reading of the game and anticipation
– great composure and retention skills under pressure/press-resistant player
– excellent understanding of space, positional awareness, and very high football IQ
– extraordinary sense of what is happening on the pitch/he often chooses simple but yet brilliant decisions when on the ball
– very good in combinational play
– able to deliver pinpoint passes and crosses
– restricts the offensive play of his opponents through his positioning and marking
– high number of passes and touches per game
Bastida receives the ball from defenders, stays calm under pressure, and provides a good pass to more advanced teammates.
Bastida loses his marker thanks to brilliant first touch and makes a good long-range diagonal to his teammate.
He is best suited to playing as:
Defensive midfielder in 4-3-3.
Lafarge Foot Avenir 2021 winner with Spain.
League summary (as for 6 September 2021):
Primera División RFEF 2020/2021: 3 games/0 goals (Cádiz B)
La Liga 2020/2021: 1 game/0 goals (Cádiz)
Álvaro Bastida is a product of Cádiz CF youth academy. He is considered to be one of the most talented teenagers in Spain. He made his La Liga debut for Cádiz against Levante just 9 days after his 17th birthday. Bastida is a part of an extremely talented generation of Spanish players born in 2004 which includes, among others Gavi, Fabio Blanco, Chuky, Julen Jon Guerrero, Fabián Luzzi, Ilias Akhomach, Juan Larios, Diego Almeida, and Manuel Ángel.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
Player has the potential to become a key player in a top European club.