Date of birth: 29/04/2004 (17 years old)
Place of birth: Poland
Youth career: FC Wrocław Academy, Lech Poznań (since 2019)
Current club: Lech Poznań
Squad number: —
Current national team: Poland U-16
Position: attacking midfielder, winger
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: —
Contract until: unknown
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Leandro Trossard
– ball control
– long shots
– still has a margin to improve his decision making in the final third
– aerial duels
Style of play:
– flamboyant winger
– creative player with very good technique on the ball, acceleration skills, fast direction shifts, short-dribbling and good short-mid through passing ability
– likes to dribble
– often uses his skills to beat defenders, cut inside and create himself a decent opportunity to score from
– confident, dynamic, and very positive with the ball
– likes to vary his play by cutting inside, using half-spaces, running to the by-line, and swapping wings
– superb off the ball intelligence to recognize spaces where to receive/run into
– excellent coordination, balance, and changes of pace
– extremely difficult to knock off the ball thanks to low centre of gravity and excellent close control
– above-average vision and passing range/can be also effective when playing as an advanced playmaker
– able to dribble and make quick combinations at top speed
– extremely dangerous on the counter thanks to his electric pace and acceleration
– all-action and energetic
– decent ambidexterity using his left weaker foot
Antczak with a great run – he outpaces the defence and scores with a very smart finish.
Antczak cuts inside form the left wing, dribbles past one opponent, makes a quick combination with his teammate, enters the penalty area and scores.
He is best suited to playing as:
Left winger in 4-3-3.
Polish U-17 Championship 2020/2021 runner-up with Lech.
League summary (as for 1 October 2021):
II Liga 2021/2022 (ongoing): 2 games/1 goal (Lech II)
Jakub Antczak is a product of Lech Poznań academy, youth system renowned for producing many interesting talents in recent years such as Karol Linetty, Jan Bednarek, Dawid Kownacki, Robert Gumny, Jakub Kamiński, Kamil Józwiak, Jakub Moder, and Tymoteusz Puchacz. Jakub is considered to be one of the most talented U17s in Poland and his first-team debut for Lech seems to be only a matter of time.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
First team material in a top European club.