Jason van Duiven
Date of birth: 24/02/2005 (16 years old)
Place of birth: Almelo (Netherlands)
Youth career: La Première, FC Twente, PSV Eindhoven (since 2018)
Current club: PSV Eindhoven
Squad number: —
Current national team: Netherlands U-17
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: —
Contract until: 30.06.2023
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Kevin Gameiro/Sergio Agüero
– off the ball movement
– ball control
No significant weaknesses.
Style of play:
– advanced striker
– player with a stocky build and good physical strength for a player of his size
– very good pace, footwork, agility, and coordination
– killer instinct, great off the ball movement, and flair in the final third
– clinical finisher capable on both feet
– able to sniff a goal in any situation
– very skillful at beating his markers and evading pressure
– great sense of positioning while receiving through balls
– able to make quick combinations with his teammates at top speed
– good dribbler who’s also prolific when attacking from deep/wing
– dangerous in the air despite not being very tall/great timing and jumping technique
– extremely dangerous on the counter thanks to his electric pace and acceleration
– aggressive and hard-working in pressing/when out of possession
– all-action and energetic
– accurate penalty taker
Van Duiven shows his electric pace and acceleration on the counter and scores with a clinical finish.
Van Duiven makes a great solo run and scores with an unbelievable lob.
Heatmap by Wyscout:
He is best suited to playing as:
Striker in 4-3-3.
League summary (as for 4 February 2022):
No senior appearances yet.
Jason van Duiven moved to PSV Eindhoven youth academy in 2018 from Twente Enschede. He is one of the leaders of an extremely interesting generation of Dutch players born in 2005 which includes, among others Antoni Milambo, Julian Rijkhoff, Gabriel Misehouy, David Kalokoh, Silvano Vos, Isaac Babadi, Mike Kleijn, Emmanuel van de Blaak, Alvaro Henry, Jayden Slory, and Ilias Splinter. Jason has been in phenomenal form this season – he scored 16 goals and provided 9 assists in just 13 games for PSV U-17 so far.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
Player has the potential to become a key player in a top European club.