Date of birth: 07/10/2005 (16 years old)
Place of birth: Latvia
Youth career: FK Metta
Current club: FK Metta
Squad number: —
Current national team: Latvia U-17
Position: central defender
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: —
Contract until: unknown
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Pepe
– tackling and intercepting
– aerial duels
– still needs to work a lot on his short passing and general build-up play
Style of play:
– complete and dominant central defender
– player with good body mass ratio, physical strength, power, stamina, and natural fitness who feels comfortable in contact situations
– athletic with good agility and coordination
– prefers an active style of defending by getting into challenges and pressing opponents
– likes to spread play with good long-range diagonals
– likes to make sliding tackles
– likes to charge forward with the ball at his feet
– well-fit, hard-working, and quick at anticipating the movement of the opponents
– good recovery pace
– dominant in the air
– accurate and tenacious tackler
– aggressive in challenges with a high percentage of duels won
– accurate penalty taker
Kangars stops the attack with a good, clean sliding tackle.
Kangars wins the physical duel and intercepts the ball.
Heatmap by Wyscout:
He is best suited to playing as:
Central defender in 4-3-3.
League summary (as for 9 March 2022):
No senior team appearances yet.
Alans Kangars is a product of FK Metta youth academy. He is a part of a very interesting generation of players produced by Metta in recent years – others worth mentioning are Rihards Ozolins, Bruno Melnis, Raimonds Krollis, Dario Sits, Lūkass Vapne, Artjoms Puzirevskis and Jegors Novikovs. Alans made his professional debut for Metta on 31 July 2021 in a Latvian Cup game against JDFS Alberts Riga in which he scored the winning goal.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
Country-scale star with top European club ambition.