Date of birth: 17/03/2005 (17 years old)
Place of birth: Germany
Youth career: 1. FSV Mainz 05
Current club: 1. FSV Mainz 05
Squad number: —
Current national team: Germany U-17
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: 2022 UEFA European Under-19 Championship qualification elite round (1/1)
Contract until: 30.06.2023
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Fernando Llorente
– off the ball movement
– link-up play
– physical strength
No significant weaknesses.
Style of play:
– target man
– tall player with very good body mass ratio, physical strength, power, stamina, and natural fitness who feels comfortable in contact situations
– powerful and determined forward with killer-instinct, interesting technique on the ball, and cleverness at his off-the-ball movements
– very good pace, footwork, and coordination for a player of his size
– possesses significant upper-body strength
– generates many flick-ons and passes into the channels for his teammates to utilize
– likes to play off the shoulder of the opposition defenders
– clinical finisher capable on both feet
– great sense of positioning while receiving through balls
– knows how to use his body to shield the ball from defenders thanks to his technique, strength, and ball control
– great ability to hold-up play with his back to goal
– able to sniff out a goal in any situation/always alert to capitalize on defensive mistakes
– often moves deep into midfield and draws defenders with him, in order to create and exploit spaces for his teammates/good ability to connect with midfield
– aerial threat in the opposition box
– indirect set-piece threat
– active and tenacious in pressing
Weiper with a great off the ball movement – he dribbles past the goalkeeper and scores.
Weiper wins the position and scores with a powerful header after a corner-kick.
Heatmap by Wyscout:
Stats by Comparisonator:
He is best suited to playing as:
Centre-forward in 4-3-3.
League summary (as for 25 March 2022):
No senior appearances yet.
Nelson Weiper is a product of 1. FSV Mainz 05 youth academy. He has been in phenomenal form this season so far – he scored 19 goals in 17 games for Mainz youth teams and 10 goals in just 11 games for Germany U-17. He is considered to be one of the leaders of an extremely interesting generation of German players born in 2005 which includes, among others Arijon Ibrahimovic, Sidney Raebiger, Tom Bischof, Paul Wanner, Dženan Pejčinović, Laurin Ulrich, and Noel Aseko Nkili. Nelson’s brother Henrik is also a footballer – he plays for Kickers Offenbach and represents Albania at the U-19 level.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
First team material in a top European club.