Date of birth: 14/10/2005 (16 years old)
Place of birth: Serbia
Youth career: Crvena Zvezda Belgrade
Current club: Crvena Zvezda Belgrade
Squad number: —
Current national team: Serbia U-17
Position: central midfielder, attacking midfielder, winger
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: 2022 UEFA European Under-17 Championship qualification elite round (3/1), 2022 UEFA European Under-17 Championship (5/1)
Contract until: unknown
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Isco
– ball control
– first touch
– long shots
– needs to work on the consistency during games/has a tendency to ‘disappear’ sometimes
Style of play:
– roaming playmaker/advanced playmaker/false winger
– player with a slender physique and a low centre of gravity who knows how to use his body to gain advantage
– great coordination, footwork, changes of pace, and agility
– tactically astute and technically capable of playing in various tactical systems and roles
– creative player with great technique on the ball, mobility, acceleration skills, fast direction shifts, short-dribbling and good short-mid through passing ability
– likes to play in a free attacking role granted the freedom to roam the pitch and find space
– likes to dribble
– progressive carrier with very good footwork and close control in limited spaces that allow him to drift pass defenders with ease
– able to make effective late runs into opposite penalty box lurking for a chance to exploit his shooting skills
– very strong in 1v1 situations, unpredictable, and very confident of his skills
– possesses interesting mid-range and long-range shooting skills with both feet
– extraordinary sense of what is happening on the pitch/he often chooses simple but yet brilliant decisions when on the ball
– has the technique, vision, ability, and confidence to execute the killer pass and set-up goalscoring opportunities for his teammates
– able to dribble and make quick combinations with his teammates at top speed
– extremely dangerous on the counter thanks to his pace, acceleration, and movement
– active and hardworking when out of possession/pressing but still needs to work on his 1v1 defensive duels
– operates comfortably with his left weaker foot
Šljivić with a superb run from the left wing and great assist to his teammate.
Šljivić makes a quick one-two with his teammate and scores with a superb technical finish from outside the penalty area.
Heatmap by Wyscout:
He is best suited to playing as:
Central midfielder in 4-3-3.
Serbian U-17 Championship 2021/2022 winner with Crvena Zvezda.
League summary (as for 16 June 2022):
No senior team appearances yet.
Jovan Šljivić is a product of Crvena Zvezda youth academy. He is considered to be one of the most talented players in Serbia. Jovan showed himself to a wider crowd at the 2022 European Under-17 Championship where young Serbians made it to the semi-final and showed a very interesting generation of players like Šljivić, Jovan Milošević, Aleksandar Stanković, Vojin Serafimović, Jovan Mijatović, Mateja Bubanj, Luka Lijeskić, Jan-Carlo Simić, and Milan Majstorović.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
First team material in a top European league.