Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Date of birth: 04/05/2005 (17 years old)
Place of birth: Rožaje (Montenegro)
Youth career: FK Sarajevo
Current club: FK Sarajevo
Squad number: —
Current national team: Bosnia and Herzegovina U-17
Position: defensive midfielder, central midfielder, attacking midfielder
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: 2022 UEFA European Under-17 Championship qualification elite round (3/0)
Contract until: 31.05.2025
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Éver Banega
– ball control
– football IQ
– player of a small frame who doesn’t feel comfortable in contact situations
Style of play:
– deep-lying orchestrator
– able to play as the sole pivot or as one of two in a double pivot
– knows how to dictate tempo, he’s creative, and has the natural ability of an ‘orchestrator’ midfielder
– player with very good technical ability, 1vs1 short-dribbling skills, close ball control, and fast direction shifts in possession
– agile with good coordination and reasonably good pace
– intelligent player who feels very comfortable in combination play
– excellent range of passing at all distances
– high football IQ and spatial awareness
– good composure and retention skills under pressure/press-resistant player
– displays a natural technique to take fast decisions in tight spaces
– difficult to knock off the ball thanks to his low centre of gravity, ability to shield the ball, and excellent close control
– constantly asking for the ball and often is an additional passing option thanks to his positional awareness and understanding of the game
– energetic, hardworking, tenacious, and determined in defensive phase with good anticipation sense to provide key interceptions and tackles
– high number of touches and passes per game
– good direct and indirect set-piece taker
Nurković stays calm under pressure and plays a very good pass to his teammate.
Nurković orchestrates the play with his vision and passing skills.
Heatmap by Wyscout:
He is best suited to playing as:
Defensive midfielder in 4-3-3.
Bosnian U-17 Championship 2021/2022 winner with Sarajevo.
League summary (as for 27 June 2022):
No senior team appearances yet.
Bakir Nurković is a product of FK Sarajevo academy – one of the best youth systems in Bosnia. He is a part of an interesting generation of Sarajevo teenagers which includes, among others Tarik Ramić, Kenan Lamadzema, Arman Šutković, Muhamed Šahinović, Muharem Trako, Nermin Bijelonja, Talha Tabaković, Seid Pramenković, Haris Ališah, and Irfan Ramić. Bakir is also a regular youth international for Bosnia, he has already over 25 caps for various national teams, and currently he’s a member of the U-17 team.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
Country-scale star with top European league ambition.