Full name: Paulo Iago Álvarez Morón
Youth career: Parque Sureste, Adpi Rivas, Estrella de Madrid, Real Madrid (since 2014)
Current club: Real Madrid
Squad number: —
Current national team: Spain U-15
Position: attacking midfielder, winger
Preferred foot: left
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: —
Contract until: unknown
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Phil Foden/Bernardo Silva
– ball control
– football IQ
– player with small frame who doesn’t feel comfortable in contact situations
– efficiency in defensive duels
– aerial duels
Style of play:
– advanced playmaker/wide playmaker
– diminutive player with a low centre of gravity, superb agility, flair, body balance, changes of pace, and coordination
– creative player with very good technique on the ball, mobility, acceleration skills, fast direction shifts, short-dribbling, and good short-mid through passing ability
– very vertical player who likes to speed-up the game with his dribbling or passing skills/very capable of pushing his team forward to finishing positions
– likes to dribble
– likes to use body feints and tricks to get past his opponents
– likes to play in a free attacking role granted the freedom to roam the pitch and find space
– intelligent and spectacular player who likes to have the ball at his feet and is able to make the difference at any time thanks to his dribbling skills and ability to play the final ball
– possesses a truly futsal-esque technique when running with the ball and dribbling
– has the technique, ability, and confidence to execute the killer passes, and set-up goal-scoring opportunities for his teammates
– able to dribble and make quick combinations with his teammates at top speed
– displays a natural technique to take fast decisions in small spaces/under pressure
– positive on the ball, unpredictable, and very confident of his skills
– above-average composure, movement, and finishing skills in the penalty area
– very dangerous on the counter thanks to his pace and movement
– excellent ability at first touch/high speed in 1-2 combinations style of play
– able to pass, dribble and score with his right weaker foot but rather avoids using it
– very good direct and indirect set-piece taker
Iago makes a good run into the penalty area, dribbles past several opponents, gets past the goalkeeper, and scores with a simple finish.
Iago wins the ball back, loses his marker, and provides a superb ball to create a big chance for his teammate.
Heatmap by Wyscout:
He is best suited to playing as:
Attacking midfielder in 4-2-3-1.
Spanish U-12 Championship 2018/2019 winner with Real Madrid.
La Liga Promises National 2019 winner with Real Madrid U-13.
La Liga Promises International 2019 winner with Real Madrid U-13.
Dubai International Cup 2020 winner with Real Madrid U-13.
Spanish U-14 Championship 2020/2021 winner with Real Madrid.
League summary (as for 24 August 2022):
No senior league appearances yet.
Paulo Iago is considered to be one of the most talented players in La Fábrica – the famous Real Madrid youth academy. So far he scored over 200 goals for Los Blancos various youth teams and is La Fábrica’s current player with the most goals scored. He is one of the leaders of an extremely interesting generation of Spanish players born in 2007 which includes, among the others Lamine Yamal, Jesús Fortea, José Antonio Reyes, Juan Hernández, Pol Duran, Daniel Yañez, Álvaro Robaina, and Pau Curbasí.
Football Talent Scout potential rating: