Full name in native alphabet: Στέφανος Τζίμας
– off the ball movement
– link-up play
– extensive passing skills and general creativity in the final third
Style of play:
– complete forward
– player with a very good body mass ratio who feels comfortable in the physical duels and knows how to use his body well to gain advantage
– combines the qualities of a target man and off the shoulder striker very well
– fast and powerful
– clinical finisher capable on both feet
– intelligent movement, both inside and outside the penalty area
– decent dribbler who’s also prolific when attacking from deep/wing
– plays fruitfully with his back to the goal – able to either link-up play or lose his marker with a quick turn
– often moves deeper into midfield and draws defenders with him, in order to create and exploit spaces for his teammates
– good first touch to make quick combinations and layoffs with his teammates
– extremely difficult to knock off the ball thanks to his strength, ability to shield the ball, and technique/good hold-up play
– able to produce powerful and dangerous runs up field on the counter-attack
– aerial threat in the opposition box
– active and tenacious in pressing
– likes to press and hassle the opposition’s centre-backs and capitalize on their mistakes
Tzimas wins the physical duel with one opponent, dribbles the second, and scores with a powerful finish.
Tzimas shows his pace, makes a good counter-attacking run, dribbles past two opponents, and scores with a precise finish.
Heatmap by Wyscout:
He is best suited to playing as:
Centre-forward in 4-3-3.
League summary (as for 14 November 2022):
No senior team appearances yet.
Stefanos Tzimas is a product of the PAOK academy – one of the best youth systems in Greece which produced many interesting talents in recent years such as Christos Tzolis, Giannis Michailidis, Georgios Koutsias, Theocharis Tsingaras, Giannis Konstantelias, Lefteris Lyratzis, and Konstantinos Koulierakis. Stefanos is considered to be one of the most talented teenagers in the country. He is a regular youth international for Greece and currently he’s the captain, leader, and best scorer of the U-17 setup.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
First team material in a top European league.