Full name: Pau Prim Coma
Date of birth: 22/02/2006 (16 years old)
Place of birth: Barcelona (Spain)
Youth career: FC Barcelona
Current club: FC Barcelona
Squad number: —
Current national team: Spain U-17
Position: defensive midfielder, central midfielder
Preferred foot: both
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: UEFA Youth League 2022/2023 (1/0)
Contract until: 30.06.2025
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Marcelo Brozović
– ball control
– football IQ
– he’s not afraid of physical challenges but he’s a player of a small frame who needs to work hard on his physical development
– shooting skills/he’s rather not a goal threat at the moment
Style of play:
– deep-lying orchestrator
– knows how to dictate tempo and has the natural ability of an ‘orchestrator’ midfielder who controls the rhythm of the game
– player with very good technical ability, 1vs1 short-dribbling skills, close ball control, and fast direction shifts in possession
– perfect for the possession-based style
– very agile with good coordination and pace
– intelligent player with good movement and positioning who feels very comfortable in combination play
– excellent range of passing at all distances
– high football IQ and spatial awareness
– superb at recognizing when to speed up and slow down the game when necessary
– constantly asking for the ball and often is an additional passing option thanks to his positional awareness and understanding of the game
– always tries to perceive as much as possible by scanning and body orientation
– very good composure and retention skills in tight spaces and under pressure/press-resistant player
– tireless runner with a good engine who covers a lot of space
– energetic, hardworking, and determined in the defensive phase with good anticipation sense to provide key interceptions and tackles
– good reaction to the loss of the ball with a good aggressive attitude and good recovery of his position
– high number of touches and passes per game
– perfectly two-footed
– competent indirect set-piece taker
– high maturity and decent leadership skills
Prim stays calm under pressure and orchestrates the moves of his team.
Prim receives the ball, makes a quick decision by playing a superb penetrative pass to his winger.
Heatmap by Wyscout:
He is best suited to playing as:
Defensive midfielder in 4-3-3.
La Liga Promises 2018/2019 winner with Barcelona U-13.
Spanish U-14 Championship 2019/2020 winner with Barcelona.
Spanish U-15 Championship 2020/2021 winner with Barcelona.
Spanish U-16 Championship 2021/2022 winner with Barcelona.
League summary (as for 17 January 2023):
No senior team appearances yet.
Pau Prim is a product of the famous La Masia. He is considered to be one of the most talented players of his age category in Spain. He is a part of an extremely interesting generation of Barca U18s which includes, among others Lamine Yamal, Dani Rodriguez, Hugo Alba, Áron Yaakobishvili, Gerard Hernández, Héctor Fort, Álvaro Cortés, Landry Farre, Juan Hernández, Arnau Pradas, Marc Bernal, and Pau Cubarsi. On 1 November 2022, Pau made his UEFA Youth League debut in a game against Viktoria Plzen. He is also a regular youth international for Spain – he started at the U-16 level and now he’s one of the leaders of a very strong U-17 team.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
Player has the potential to become a key player in a top European club.