Full name in native alphabet: Алексей Евгеньевич Гасилин
Date of birth: 01/03/1996 (19 years old)
Place of birth: Saint Petersburg (Russia)
Youth career: DYuSSh Smena-Zenit, Zenit Saint Petersburg (since 2012)
Current club: Zenit Saint Petersburg
Squad number: 48
Current national team: Russia U-19
Position: winger, second striker, striker
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): 125.000 €
Tournaments participated in: 2013 UEFA European Under-17 Championship (4/1), 2013 FIFA U-17 World Cup (1/0), UEFA Youth League 2013/2014 (2/1), UEFA Youth League 2014/2015 (7/0), 2015 UEFA European Under-19 Championship qualification elite round (2/1), 2015 UEFA European Under-19 Championship (5/2)
Contract until: 30.06.2016
Player’s agent: unknown
Similar type of player: combined playing styles of André Schürrle & Edinson Cavani
– ball control
– powerful and accurate shot
Style of play:
– inside forward/number “9”
– versatile forward who is capable of playing anywhere along the front line
– likes to dribble
– able to score from practically every position
– known for his “quick feet”, speed of movement and close control
– capable to play on both wings
– one-on-one situation specialist
– counter attack threat
– specializes in beating players over a short distance
– likes to enter the opposition’s penalty area whenever possible
– great physical and technical prowess
– plays with a natural flair and is dangerous in the box
– aerial threat in the opposition box
He is best suited to playing as:
Left winger in 4-3-3.
2013 UEFA European Under-17 Championship winner with Russia.
2015 UEFA European Under-19 Championship runner-up with Russia.
Russian Premier League 2012/2013: 1 match/0 goals (Zenit Saint Petersburg)
Aleksey Gasilin is a product of DYuSSh Smena-Zenit – Zenit Saint Petersburg youth academy, famous for having produced and still producing many notable Russian players, such as Vyacheslav Malafeev, Igor Denisov, Andrey Arshavin and Vladimir Bystrov. Aleksey made his professional debut on May 26 2013 in a league fixture against Amkar Perm. He is also a regular member of Russia national team since he played in U16, till U19 levels. In 2013 he won the UEFA European Under-17 Championship tournament, as young “Sborna” beat Italians on penalties. In 2015 he played in 2015 UEFA European Under-19 Championship, as Russians won silver medals, and he was one of the best players of the tournament.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
Country-scale star with top European club ambition.