Full name: Mateu Jaume Morey Bauzà
Date of birth: 02/03/2000 (17 years old)
Place of birth: Petra (Spain)
Youth career: FC Barcelona
Current club: FC Barcelona
Squad number: —
Current national team: Spain U-17
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: 2017 UEFA European Under-17 Championship qualification elite round (3/0), 2017 UEFA European Under-17 Championship (5/3), 2017 FIFA U-17 World Cup (7/0)
Contract until: 30.06.2018
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Dani Carvajal
– tackling and intercepting
– like many other young wing backs, he is more effective at the offensive point of view than defensive one
Style of play:
– modern full-back with excellent technique, speed and stamina, and a desire to attack
– very good agility and coordination, with good pace at all distances
– often looks to burst forward to offer width to the attacking movement in the final third
– able to cut inside and run at the defense directly
– likes to be involved to build-up process thanks to his great technique, tactical intelligence & passing ability at all distances
– likes to run into the half spaces
– extremely dangerous on the counter thanks to his pace and acceleration
– courageous, tenacious and willing to sacrifice
– very good with the ball at his feet and can move past opponents with extreme ease
– endless energy and his powerful running make him an incredibly useful asset as he brings an offensive value to a team, with a lot of activity during 90 minutes in the right side
– determined in defensive phase with good anticipation sense to provide key interceptions, clearences and tackles
– great timing and game reading ability when going forward
– press-resistant player
– high number of touches and passes per game
– decent ambidexterity using his left weaker foot
– tactically astute and technically capable of playing in various tactical systems
He is best suited to playing as:
Right-back in 4-3-3.
2017 UEFA European Under-17 Championship winner with Spain.
2017 FIFA U-17 World Cup runner-up with Spain.
League summary (as for 12 November 2017):
No senior team appearances yet.
Mateu Morey is a product of famous Barcelona’s youth academy – La Masia. He is a part of the new wave of highly talented Barcelona players born in 2000 which includes, among others, Abel Ruiz, Juan Miranda, Sergio Gomez & Alejandro Orellana. In May 2017, he was one of the best players at the European Under-17 Championship where Spanish team were crowned champions and Mateu finished the tournament with 3 goals and an assist to his name in 5 matches.
“He is still developing but with his energy, pace, passing qualities and composure Morey is looking destined for the big time.”
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
Player has potential to become a key player in a top European club.
#ASteppingStoneClub for #YoungTalentedPlayers