Date of birth: 23/02/2001 (16 years old)
Place of birth: Belgium
Youth career: FC Stade Waremmien, R. Standard de Liège, RSC Anderlecht, KAA Gent (since 2017)
Current club: KAA Gent
Squad number: 24
Current national team: Belgium U-17
Position: defensive midfielder, central midfielder
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): 150.000 €
Tournaments participated in: —
Contract until: 30.06.2020
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Toni Kroos
– tactical intelligence
No significant weaknesses.
Style of play:
– deep-lying playmaker/midfield playmaker
– able to play deeper in midfield as the man who will be able to control the tempo of the game
– tactically intelligent, versatile and charismatic midfielder, gifted with good ball skills, mobility, distribution, vision, and ability to read the game
– likes to play through balls
– likes to spread play with good long-range diagonals
– highly technical and creative player
– very good in combination play
– able to produce powerful and dangerous runs up field on the counter attack
– provides many key interceptions, clearances and tackles for his team thanks to his good anticipation sense and defensive reliability
– knows how to dictate tempo, he’s creative and has the natural ability of an ‘orchestrator’ midfielder who can perform at all of midfield positions, linking up the team’s midfield and attack with ease and effectiveness
– great composure and confidence on the ball
– constantly asking for the ball and often is an additional passing option
– finds himself best in positional attack
– high number of touches and passes per game
– good ambidexterity using his left weaker foot
– natural leader
He is best suited to playing as:
Defensive midfielder in 4-3-3.
League summary (as for 4 February 2018):
No senior team appearances yet.
Nicolas Raskin has joined KAA Gent in 2017 from Anderlecht which was a big loss for “Les Mauves” youth academy because Nicola is considered to be one of the most talented young players of his generation in Belgium. He hasn’t make his professional debut for Gent, but he was called to join the first team and sat on the bench several times during Jupiler Pro League games. He is also a regular youth international for Belgium. Currently, he is the captain and one of the leaders of “Red Devils” U-17 team.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
Player has the potential to become a key player in a top European club.