Date of birth: 01/10/2001 (17 years old)
Place of birth: England
Youth career: Manchester United
Current club: Manchester United
Squad number: —
Current national team: England U-18
Position: attacking midfielder, winger, second striker, centre forward
Preferred foot: left
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: UEFA Youth League 2018/2019 (2/2)
Contract until: unknown
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Cristiano Ronaldo & Robin van Persie
– off the ball movement
– close control
– despite being tall, his heading ability could still improve
Style of play:
– complete forward
– offensive allrounder who is capable of playing anywhere along the front line
– player with a good body mass ratio that feels comfortable in the physical duels and knows how to use his body well to gain advantage
– creative player with great technique on the ball, mobility, acceleration skills, fast direction shifts, short-dribbling and good short-mid through passing ability
– likes to dribble
– likes to play in a free attacking role granted the freedom to roam the pitch and find space
– possesses powerful and accurate mid-range and long-range shooting skills
– very composed finisher capable on both feet
– often drops deep to pick up the ball, participate in the build-up of plays, and create chances for his teammates, courtesy of his good vision and passing ability
– great ambidexterity using his right weaker foot
– displays a natural technique to take fast decisions in tight spaces/under pressure
– very good pace, coordination & agility for a player of his size
He is best suited to playing as:
Centre forward in 4-3-3.
MIC Cup 2015 top scorer & MVP award.
Premier League North U-18 2017/2018 Champion with Man United.
Premier League North U-18 2017/2018 top scorer.
League summary (as for 14 October 2018):
No senior team appearances yet.
Mason Greenwood is a product of Manchester United youth system. He is considered to be one of the most exciting prospects in Red Devils’ academy. Despite only being 16, Greenwood was the top scorer in the Under-18 Premier League North last season in a campaign which saw United crowned champions. He started this season very well too by scoring 11 goals in just 8 Premier League U18 and UEFA Youth League games. On 2 October 2018 he signed his first professional contract with Manchester United.
“He’s great on the ball and very good with both feet. He’s the first person I’ve seen that takes penalties and free-kicks with his wrong foot. I’ve never come across anyone like that!”
(Clayton Blackmore – former Manchester United player)
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
World class potential.