Date of birth: 02/06/2002 (17 years old)
Place of birth: Brescia (Italy)
Youth career: Atalanta
Current club: Atalanta
Squad number: —
Current national team: Italy U-19
Position: defensive midfielder, central midfielder
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: 2019 UEFA European Under-17 Championship qualification elite round (3/0), 2019 UEFA European Under-17 Championship (6/1), 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup (4/0), UEFA Youth League 2019/2020 (3/0)
Contract until: unknown
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Jorginho
– tactical intelligence
No significant weaknesses.
Style of play:
– deep-lying orchestrator
– midfield controller
– likes to play deeper in midfield as the man who will be able to control the tempo of the game
– tactically intelligent and charismatic midfielder, gifted with good ball skills, mobility, distribution, vision, and ability to read the game
– his vision and sense for the game make it possible for him to control the rhythm of the matches as he is really good at noticing the environment around himself
– likes to play through balls
– likes to spread play with good long-range diagonals
– highly technical and creative player
– very good in combination play
– provides many key interceptions, clearances, and tackles for his team thanks to his good anticipation sense and defensive reliability
– knows how to dictate tempo, he’s creative and has the natural ability of an ‘orchestrator’ midfielder who can perform at all of midfield positions, linking up the team’s midfield and attack with ease and effectiveness
– great composure and confidence on the ball
– constantly asking for the ball and often is an additional passing option
– great composure and retention skills under pressure/press-resistant player
– finds himself best in positional attack
– high number of touches and passes per game
– good ambidexterity using his left weaker foot
– natural leader
Panada orchestrating the moves of his team.
Panada wins the ball back and starts the counter-attack.
He is best suited to playing as:
Defensive midfielder in 4-3-3.
2019 UEFA European Under-17 Championship runner-up with Italy.
League summary (as for 22 March 2020):
No senior team appearances yet.
Simone Panada is a product of Atalanta Bergamo academy – one of the best youth systems in Italy which produced many interesting players in recent years such as Roberto Gagliardini, Mattia Caldara, Andrea Conti, Christian Capone, and Alessandro Bastoni. In 2019 he was one of Italy’s captains and one of biggest stars at the 2019 European Under-17 Championship, where Azzurrini won a silver medal.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
First team material in a top European club.