Full name: Pablo Páez Gavira
Date of birth: 05/08/2004 (15 years old)
Place of birth: Los Palacios (Spain)
Youth career: Real Betis, FC Barcelona (since 2015)
Current club: FC Barcelona
Squad number: —
Current national team: Spain U-16
Position: central midfielder, attacking midfielder
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: La Liga Promises 2017, MIC Cup 2019
Contract until: unknown
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Thiago Alcântara
– ball control
– physical strength
– aerial duels
Style of play:
– well-rounded, hard-working team player
– player with great football IQ who can play in many different roles in midfield
– likes to play short passes
– elegant and composed under pressure/press resistant player
– knows how to dictate tempo, he’s creative and has the natural ability of an ‘orchestrator’ midfielder who can perform at all of the midfield positions, linking up the team’s midfield and attack with ease and effectiveness
– possesses excellent technique on the ball, vision, decision taking on the ball and passing ability at all distances
– cultured passer with a proclivity for breaking the lines with intricate vertical balls
– known for his mobility and intelligent movement between the lines
– extraordinary thinking when on the ball – he often chooses options which are unexpected for the opposition
– exceptional ability to maneuver in small spaces
– very intelligent player with an excellent range of passing
– eager to track back and work for the team
– very good ambidexterity using his left weaker foot
– finds himself best in positional attack
– high number of touches and passes per game
– very accomplished for his age
Gavi receives the ball between the lines and makes an intelligent pass to his teammate.
Gavi makes a late run into the penalty area and scores with a great left-footed shot.
He is best suited to playing as:
Central midfielder in 4-3-3.
La Liga Promises 2017 winner with Barcelona.
Spanish U-16 Championship 2018/2019 winner with Barcelona.
MIC Cup 2019 winner with Barcelona.
League summary (as for 30 April 2020):
No senior team appearances yet.
Pablo Páez Gavira, commonly known as Gavi, is a product of a famous La Masia which he joined from Real Betis ahead of the 15/16 campaign. Gavi is one of the leaders of an extremely talented group of FC Barcelona players born in 2004 which includes, among others Diego Almeida, Marc Jurado, Aleix Garrido, Jordi Coca, Toni Caravaca, Ángel Alarcón, Ilias Akhomach, and Xavi Planas.
“Pablo Páez Gavi really seems one of the chosen ones. While he floats across any part of the field with great beauty, he wreaks havoc when he’s at the edge of the box too. With an innate quality, he has the mentality of a leader as well. It may be too early to tell this, but it looks crystal clear that Gavi was born to do big things in this game called football. As he transitions to a number 8 role, Pablo may be another delicious midfield maestro in the making.”
Football Talent Scout potential rating: