Date of birth: 03/05/2003 (17 years old)
Place of birth: Sweden
Youth career: Hammarby IF
Current club: Hammarby IF
Squad number: —
Current national team: Sweden U-17
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: —
Contract until: unknown
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: Arsenal, Bayern
Similar type of player: Thierry Henry
– off the ball movement
– link-up play
– ball control
No significant weaknesses.
Style of play:
– complete forward
– tall player with very good body mass ratio, physical strength, power, stamina and natural fitness who feels comfortable in contact situations
– powerful and determined forward with killer-instinct, interesting technique on the ball, good dribbling skills and cleverness at his off-the-ball movements
– good agility, coordination and excellent pace for a player of his size
– likes to dribble
– likes to roam from position and attack from the wing
– generates many flick-ons and passes into the channels for his teammates to utilize
– possesses very impressive mid-range and long-range shooting skills
– in addition to his goalscoring ability, he is also a team-player who was capable of creating chances and assisting goals for his teammates
– displays a natural technique to take fast decisions in tight spaces/under pressure
– capable of holding up the ball for teammates to provide them with assists when playing with his back to goal/good ability to connect with midfield
– knows how to use his body to shield the ball from defenders thanks to his technique, strength and ball control
– able to sniff out a goal in any situation
– often moves deep into midfield and drawing defenders with him, in order to create and exploit spaces for his teammates
– aerial threat in the opposition box
Roback loses his marker with a magnificent first touch.
Roback capitalizes on defensive mistake and scores with a great lob.
He is best suited to playing as:
Centre-forward in 4-3-3.
League summary (as for 6 May 2020):
No senior team appearances yet.
Emil Roback is a product of Hammarby IF youth academy. He is considered to be one of the most talented teenagers in Sweden. He is yet to make his professional debut, but thanks to his great form for Hammarby youth teams, he was named on the first-team bench for the first time on 21 August 2019 in a Swedish Cup fixture against IFK Lulea. Emil’s talent drew the attention of many European top clubs including Arsenal and Bayern.
“We were contacted by Bayern and know about the interest. He has also met Arsenal. There’s a strong interest and there are more clubs too. I understand the interest, he is a forward with a great physique, speed and is already a skilled goalscorer.”
(Jesper Jansson – Hammarby’s Sporting Director)
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
Player has the potential to become a key player in a top European club.