Date of birth: 23/04/2002 (18 years old)
Place of birth: Nigeria
Youth career: ABS FC, Fremad FC (since 2019)
Current club: Fremad FC
Squad number: —
Current national team: Nigeria U-17
Position: winger, second striker, striker
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: 2019 Africa U-17 Cup of Nations (5/1), 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup (4/1)
Contract until: unknown
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Marco Reus
– pace and acceleration
– off the ball movement
– ball control
– first touch
No significant weaknesses.
Style of play:
– auxiliary striker
– well-rounded attacking player, capable of playing out wide, through the middle or as a striker
– creative player with great technique on the ball, mobility, acceleration skills, fast direction shifts, short-dribbling, and good short-mid through passing ability
– can create a great striking partnership when paired with a tall centre-forward
– superb coordination, agility, and balance
– likes to play in a free attacking role granted the freedom to roam the pitch and find space
– likes to dribble
– very skillful at beating his markers and evading pressure
– possesses very impressive mid-range and long-range shooting skills
– displays a natural technique to take fast decisions in tight spaces/under pressure
– extremely dangerous on the counter thanks to his pace and acceleration
– extremely difficult to knock off the ball thanks to his low centre of gravity and excellent close control
– efficient in his play and has a natural eye for goal
– very strong in 1v1 situations, unpredictable and confident of his skills
– good ambidexterity using his left weaker foot
Olusegun loses his marker with a feint and scores with a great left-footed shot.
Olusegun makes a great run through the middle and gets fouled.
He is best suited to playing as:
Second striker in 4-4-2.
League summary (as for 4 May 2020):
No senior team appearances yet.
Olakunle Olusegun is one of the most talented teenagers in Nigeria. He represented his country at the 2019 Africa U-17 Cup of Nations and 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup with a team with many talented youngsters such as Samson Tijani, Clement Ikenna, Akinkunmi Amoo, Wisdom Ubani, and Ibrahim Said.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
First team material in a top European club.