Full name: Alejandro Balde Martínez
Date of birth: 18/03/2003 (17 years old)
Place of birth: Barcelona (Spain)
Youth career: Espanyol, FC Barcelona (since 2011)
Current club: FC Barcelona
Squad number: —
Current national team: Spain U-17
Preferred foot: left
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: UEFA Youth League 2019/2020 (4/0)
Contract until: 30.06.2022
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Alex Sandro
– pace and acceleration
– ball control
– decent in defensive phase but like many other young full-backs, he has the problem of a lack of defensive ability as he concentrates a bit more on the offensive part of his game/his defensive positioning is still improvable
Style of play:
– attacking full-back
– player with good body mass ratio, physical strength, power, stamina and natural fitness who feels comfortable in contact situations
– attack-minded player looking to push on at every opportunity, offering great pace overlapping runs into advanced positions
– very good agility and coordination, with great pace at all distances
– able to play as a wing-back in 3-5-2 and even as a winger if needed
– often looks to burst forward to offer width to the attacking movement in the final third
– able to cut inside and run at the defense directly
– above-average technique, ball control, and passing skills for a full-back/perfect full-back for a team looking to build from the back
– very mobile player who likes to use half-spaces and enter the opposition’s penalty area whenever possible
– likes to cross
– constantly on the move looking for space
– extremely dangerous on the counter thanks to his pace and acceleration
– known for his “quick feet”, speed of movement and close control
– able to dribble and make good crosses at top speed
– endless energy and his powerful running make him an incredibly useful asset as he brings an offensive value to a team, with a lot of activity during 90 minutes on the left side
– great timing and game reading ability when going forward
– all-action and energetic
Balde enters into the penalty area, dribbles past his opponent with a great burst of acceleration, and makes a superb pass to assist his teammate.
Balde dribbles past two opponents and sends a great through ball to his winger.
He is best suited to playing as:
Left-back in 4-3-3.
Spanish U-16 Championship 2018/2019 winner with Barcelona.
Spanish U-19 Championship 2019/2020 winner with Barcelona.
League summary (as for 7 June 2020):
No senior team appearances yet.
Alejandro Balde joined famous La Masia from local rivals Espanyol in 2011 aged only 8. Despite being only 17, he is already a star of Barcelona U-19 team with other very talented players such as Konrad de la Fuente, Nico Gonzalez, Jaume Jardi, Arnau Tenas, Antonio Jesús, Mika Mármol, Alvaro Sanz, and Ilaix Moriba. Alejandro represented his country at various youth levels. Currently, he is one of the biggest stars of Spain U-17 national team – a very talented group of players which includes, among others Alejandro Iturbe, Adrián Granado, Carlos Álvarez, Javier Serrano, Ilaix Moriba, Marc Casadó, and Nico Serrano.
“With Jordi Alba, Junior Firpo, Juan Miranda (on loan at Schalke), and Alejandro Balde, Barcelona can feel proud to have some of the best Spanish left-backs in their respective categories. Still, as we always say, patience. When you’re just a promising boy, that’s the key to success.”
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
Player has the potential to become a key player in a top European club.