Date of birth: 17/10/2003 (16 years old)
Place of birth: Watford (England)
Youth career: Luton Town, Arsenal (since 2015)
Current club: Arsenal
Squad number: —
Current national team: England U-17
Position: defensive midfielder, central midfielder
Preferred foot: left
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: —
Contract until: unknown
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Ismaël Bennacer
– ball control
– tactical intelligence
– first touch
– needs to improve his strength to endure stronger players
– ambidexterity/using his right weaker foot
Style of play:
– deep-lying orchestrator
– midfield controller
– can also play higher as a midfield playmaker
– creative player with great technical ability, close ball control and fast direction shifts in possession
– likes to play deeper in midfield as the man who will be able to control the tempo of the game
– tactically intelligent and charismatic midfielder, gifted with good ball skills, mobility, distribution, vision, and ability to read the game
– his vision and sense for the game make it possible for him to control the rhythm of the matches as he is really good at noticing the environment around himself
– likes to play through balls
– likes to spread play with good long-range diagonals
– very good in combination play
– provides many key interceptions, clearances, and tackles for his team thanks to his good anticipation sense and defensive reliability
– knows how to dictate tempo, he’s creative and has the natural ability of an ‘orchestrator’ midfielder who can perform at all of midfield positions, linking up the team’s midfield and attack with ease and effectiveness
– great composure and confidence on the ball
– constantly asking for the ball and often is an additional passing option
– great composure and retention skills under pressure/press-resistant player
– his stamina, work rate, mobility, determination, agility, and pace enable him to cover a lot of ground
– avoids using weaker foot
– finds himself best in positional attack
– high number of touches and passes per game
Patino dynamizes play with his one-touch passing.
Patino wins the ball back and makes a great pass to the flank.
He is best suited to playing as:
Defensive midfielder in 4-3-3.
League summary (as for 5 July 2020):
No senior team appearances yet.
Charlie Patino was born in Watford. His mother is English and his father is Spanish. He joined the Arsenal youth academy from Luton Town in 2015. He is considered to be one of the most talented teenagers at Arsenal along with Folarin Balogun, Sam Greenwood, Trae Coyle, Tyreece John-Jules, Daniel Oyegoke, Zane Monlouis and Miguel Azeez. He is also a regular English youth international and currently he is a member of England U-17 national team.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
Player has the potential to become a key player in a top European club.
Pingback: 🔴⚪ FOOTBALL BLOG | 🥃 YOUNG GUN: CHARLIE PATINO – Aaron-Whisky Ball·