Country: France/Central African Republic
Date of birth: 05/08/2003 (17 years old)
Place of birth: Villeneuve-Saint-Georges (France)
Youth career: AS Lieusaint, US Sénart-Moissy, US Torcy PVM, AS Saint-Étienne (since 2018)
Current club: AS Saint-Étienne
Squad number: —
Current national team: France U-17
Position: defensive midfielder, central midfielder
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: —
Contract until: 30.06.2023
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Yaya Touré
– ball control
No significant weaknesses.
Style of play:
– powerful, skillful & creative box-to-box midfielder
– player with very good body mass ratio, physical strength, power, stamina and natural fitness who feels comfortable in contact situations
– midfielder who can perform at all of midfield positions, linking up the team’s midfield and attack with ease and effectiveness
– intelligent player, who finds the space well between the lines
– great coordination, agility and footwork for a player of his size
– midfielder that imposes himself on the pitch with his physicality, work rate, energy and determination
– extremely difficult to knock off the ball thanks to his size, technique and good close control
– possesses high stamina, energy and the ability to go on lung-bursting runs through the middle of the park
– elegant and composed under pressure/press-resistant player
– above-average decision making
– very good in combination play
– able to make effective late runs into opposite penalty box lurking for a chance to exploit his good shooting skills
– able to play line-breaking passes thanks to his technique, vision, and timing
– impacts the game at both the ends of the pitch
– his stamina, determination and pace enables him to cover a lot of ground ground
– hard-working and determined in defensive phase with many important tackles and interceptions for his team
– fairly good in the air
– very accomplished for his age
– natural leader/good leadership skills – he seems to be a calm but determined player
Gourna-Douath wins the ball back and makes a great combination ended with an assist.
Gourna-Douath stays calm under pressure and starts the counter-attack of his team.
He is best suited to playing as:
Central midfielder in 4-3-3.
League summary (as for 30 August 2020):
National 2 2019/2020: 6 games/0 goals (Saint-Étienne)
Lucas Gourna-Douath joined AS Saint-Étienne youth academy from US Torcy PVM in 2018. He signed his first professional contract with the club already at the age of 16. He was promoted to ASSE first-team this season and is tipped to follow in the footsteps of other very talented youth graduates in recent years such as Ronaël Pierre-Gabriel, William Saliba, Arnaud Nordin and Wesley Fofana. Lucas is also the captain and one of the leaders of France U-17 – a team with many highly rated prospects such as Lenny Lacroix, Hannibal Mejbri, Lisandru Tramoni, Loum Tchaouna and Matthis Abline.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
Player has the potential to become a key player in a top European club.