Date of birth: 19/05/2003 (17 years old)
Place of birth: Décines-Charpieu (France)
Youth career: AS Villefontaine, FC Bourgoin-Jallieu, Olympique Lyonnais
Current club: Olympique Lyonnais
Squad number: 17
Current national team: France U-17
Position: central defender, right-back
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: —
Contract until: 30.06.2023
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Kyle Walker
– pace and acceleration
– ball control
No significant weaknesses.
Style of play:
– complete full-back
– player with good body mass ratio, physical strength, power, stamina and natural fitness who feels comfortable in contact situations
– very good agility and coordination, with great pace at all distances
– able to play as a central defender or even defensive midfielder if needed
– often looks to burst forward to offer width to the attacking movement in the final third
– very good technique, ball control, and passing skills/perfect full-back for a team looking to build from the back
– likes to cross
– accurate and tenacious tackler
– equally competent offensively as defensively
– superb dribbling skills, first touch and close control in limited spaces
– extremely dangerous on the counter thanks to his pace and acceleration
– high work rate and winning mentality
– known for his “quick feet”, speed of movement and close control
– endless energy and his powerful running make him an incredibly useful asset as he brings an offensive value to a team, with a lot of activity during 90 minutes on the right side
– great timing and game reading ability when going forward
Gusto makes a last-man tackle and starts the counter-attack.
Gusto outpaces his opponent and intercepts the ball.
He is best suited to playing as:
Right-back in 4-3-3.
League summary (as for 16 February 2021):
Ligue 1 2020/2021 (ongoing): 1 game/0 goals (Lyon)
Malo Gusto joined Olympique Lyonnais youth academy from FC Bourgoin-Jallieu in 2016. He signed his first professional contract with the club in December 2020. he made his professional debut just one month later in a derby game against Saint-Étienne. He is part of a very interesting generation of French players born in 2003 which includes, among others Rayan Cherki, Lucas Gourna-Douath, Warren Bondo, Hannibal Mejbri, Lenny Lacroix and Lisandru Tramoni.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
Player has the potential to become a key player in a top European club.
Qualified IPSO Scout contact viva mobile
Hey brother how are you. Actually you’re good player would like to give me your contact please my name is Christian Mukudju I live in Australia.
Ahh that gave. Ok. Cool. I can stop being jealous