Full name: Kaiky Fernandes Melo
Date of birth: 12/01/2004 (17 years old)
Place of birth: Santos (Brazil)
Youth career: Santos
Current club: Santos
Squad number: —
Current national team: Brazil U-17
Position: central defender
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: 2019 South American Under-15 Football Championship (6/0)
Contract until: unknown
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Thiago Silva
– tackling and intercepting
– ability to read the game
No significant weaknesses.
Style of play:
– dominant, technically gifted and elegant central defender
– perfect mix of a pure defender and ball-playing defender
– comfortable to play as a RCB & LCB
– player with very good body mass ratio, physical strength, power, stamina and natural fitness who feels comfortable in contact situations
– very accomplished for his age
– likes to spread play with good long-range diagonals
– feels very comfortable and has a good composure on the ball, making part of the team’s build-up process at the first instances
– excellent passing skills at all distances
– well-fit, hard-working, and quick at anticipating the movement of the opponents
– concentrated player with very good reading of the game and anticipation
– known for his composure, elegance, ball-playing ability, and confidence in possession
– accurate, concentrate and tenacious tackler
– very dominant in the air
– high tackling and interception rate
– decent ambidexterity using his left weaker foot
– perfect for the possession-based style
– natural leader
Kaiky intercepts the ball and makes a perfect line-breaking pass to his teammate.
Kaiky with a great ability to read the game – he makes a last man tackle and saves his team.
He is best suited to playing as:
Central defender in 4-3-3.
2019 South American Under-15 Football Championship winner with Brazil.
League summary (as for 19 March 2021):
Campeonato Paulista 2021: 2 games/0 goals (Santos)
Kaiky Melo is a product of a famous Santos youth academy. In 2019, Kaiky was the leader and captain of Brazil national team at the South American Under-15 Football Championship, where young ‘Canarinhos’ won the gold medal and presented a great generation of talented players such as Matheus Nascimento, Vinícius Tobías, Ângelo Gabriel, Arthur Wenderroscky, Robinho and Sávio. Kaiky made his professional debut for Santos on 28 February 2021 in the Campeonato Paulista game against Santo André. He scored his first goal just two weeks later against Deportivo Lara.
Football Talent Scout potential rating: