Country: Belgium/DR Congo
Date of birth: 05/01/2005 (16 years old)
Place of birth: Brussels (Belgium)
Youth career: FC Vilvoorde, KV Woluwe-Zaventem, KRC Genk, Club Brugge (since 2020)
Current club: Club Brugge
Squad number: 72
Current national team: Belgium U-15
Position: central defender, defensive midfielder
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): 800.000 €
Tournaments participated in: —
Contract until: 30.06.2023
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Vincent Kompany
– ability to read the game
No significant weaknesses.
Style of play:
– complete, elegant, and dominant centre-back
– modern and versatile defender, who combines strength and pace with good technique and passing
– can play as a LCB, RCB in a three-man defence as well as defensive midfielder thanks to his great ball skills
– player with good body mass ratio, physical strength, power, stamina and natural fitness who feels comfortable in contact situations
– able to play in a high defensive line
– known for his composure, elegance, ball-playing ability and confidence in possession
– great at finding passes through both the first and second line of pressing from the opposition
– very good vision and passing skills also when it comes to breaking the lines with laser passes
– often wins the ball back by outmuscling players thanks to his significant upper-body strength
– accurate and tenacious tackler/very godd in 1vs1
– fantastic positional sense, anticipation, and tactical awarenes
– likes to maraud forward
– dominant in the air (wins about 55% of aerial duels, this should improve with age and experience)
– concentrated, determined and committed player with a very good rate of individual and collective work
– tactically astute and technically capable of playing in various tactical systems
– good ambidexterity when using his left weaker foot
Mbamba outpaces and outmuscles the opponent and intercepts the ball for his team.
Mbamba advances with the ball forward and makes a superb line-breaking pass.
He is best suited to playing as:
Central defender in 4-3-3.
Belgian Super Cup 2021 winner with Club Brugge.
League summary (as for 26 July 2021):
First Division B 2020/2021: 11 games/0 goals (Club NXT)
Jupiler Pro League 2020/2021: 1 games/0 goals (Brugge)
Jupiler Pro League 2021/2022 (ongoing): 1 games/0 goals (Brugge)
Noah Mbamba joined Club Brugge from KRC Genk in 2020. On 22 January 2021, he made his debut for Brugge’s reserve side called Club NXT in the Belgian First Division B against Lierse. Four months later he made his first-team debut in a Jupiler Pro League fixture against his former club KRC Genk – at the age of 16 years, 4 months and 8 days he became the youngest player in Club Brugge’s history.
“Noah is phenomenal on the ball. He’s composed, not nervous – it’s very hard to put a pressure on him. He is a reasonable boy, that’s important.”
(Brandon Mechele – Mbamba’s Club Brugge teammate)
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
Player has the potential to become a key player in a top European club.