Full name: Aleix Garrido Cañizares
Date of birth: 22/02/2004 (17 years old)
Place of birth: Ripoll (Spain)
Youth career: FC Barcelona
Current club: FC Barcelona
Squad number: —
Current national team: Spain U-18
Position: defensive midfielder, central midfielder
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: UEFA Youth League 2021/2022 (6/1)
Contract until: 30.06.2023
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Luka Modrić
– ball control
– tactical intelligence
– ability to read the game
– work rate
– physical strength
Style of play:
– roaming playmaker
– well-rounded, hard-working team player
– perfect for a possession-based team
– knows how to dictate tempo using his good vision, passing ability at all distances, and natural technique to create dynamism on the team’s build-up process
– very comfortable and composed on the ball, with a willingness to play and receive passes along the ground
– constantly asking for the ball and often is an additional passing option
– concentrated player with very good reading of the game and anticipation
– great composure and retention skills under pressure/press-resistant player
– excellent understanding of space, positional awareness, and very high football IQ
– extraordinary sense of what is happening on the pitch/he often chooses simple but yet brilliant decisions when on the ball
– very good in combinational play
– able to deliver pinpoint passes and crosses
– restricts the offensive play of his opponents through his positioning and marking
– high number of passes and touches per game
Garrido stays calm under pressure and provides a brilliant ball to start the counter-attack.
Garrido intercepts the ball and provides a great through ball to his teammate.
He is best suited to playing as:
Central midfielder in 4-3-3.
League summary (as for 4 January 2022):
No senior team appearances yet.
Aleix Garrido joined the famous La Masia in 2012 at the age of 8. He is a part of an extremely talented generation of FC Barcelona players born in 2004 which includes, among others Gavi, Fabián Luzzi, Ilias Akhomach, Arnau Casas, Diego Almeida, and Ángel Alarcón. Aleix is an absolute star of Barcelona U-19 and his debut for the B team is just a matter of time.
“While he may not be as special and unique as Gavi, Aleix is incredibly talented and smart. His quick feet and mind, and his marvelous vision, convert Garrido into the prototype Barcelona central midfielder. As a hybrid between a number 6 and number 8, he reunites all the qualities to dominate from midfield. Now, what he needs is to continue growing at the steady pace in which he has progressed in the past years.”
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
Player has the potential to become a key player in a top European club.