Date of birth: 18/11/2006 (16 years old)
Place of birth: Tallinn (Estonia)
Youth career: Levadia Tallinn
Current club: FC Kuressaare
Squad number: 24
Current national team: Estonia U-17
Position: central defender
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): 10.000 €
Tournaments participated in: —
Contract until: unknown
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Niklas Süle
– aerial duels
– passing game at a high tempo/playing under pressure
– coordination + he’s not very fast over the first meters and may struggle against quick and agile players
– rather ill-equipped to play in a high line
Style of play:
– stopper/complete and dominant centre-back
– tall player with good body mass ratio, physical strength, power, stamina, and natural fitness who feels comfortable in contact situations
– concentrated player with very good reading of the game, timing, positioning, and anticipation
– quite comfortable and has a decent composure on the ball, who likes to play it simple making part of the team’s build-up process at the first instances
– likes to maraud forward with the ball at his feet
– for a player of his size he’s quite fast over longer distances
– fearless and tenacious tackler
– prefers an active style of defending by getting into challenges and pressing opponents
– positively aggressive in challenges with a high percentage of duels won
– large and physically strong player who knows how to use his body to gain advantage
– his long-reaching legs are very helpful when tackling and recovering from mistakes
– usually plays clean and doesn’t get booked very often
– extremely dominant in the air
– aerial threat in the opposition box during the set-pieces
– operates quite comfortably with his left weaker foot
Pihela charges with the ball forward, gets past his opponent, and makes a good pass to the wing.
Pihela anticipates the move of his opponent, uses his strength, and intercepts the ball.
Pihela wins a physical duel with ease and wins the ball back.
Heatmap by Wyscout:
He is best suited to playing as:
Central defender in 4-3-3.
Estonian U-19 Championship 2020/2021 winner with Levadia.
League summary (as for 29 May 2023):
Esiliiga 2022 (ongoing): 28 games/2 goals (Levadia II)
Meistriliiga 2023 (ongoing): 1 game/0 goals (Kuressaare)
Oscar Pihela is a product of the Levadia Tallinn youth academy. In February 2023, he moved to FC Kuressaare. He is considered to be one of the most talented Estonian players born in 2006. Recently, he was a member of the Estonia U-17, an interesting team with some talented players such as Maksim Kalimullin, Kaarel Leppsalu, Enriko Kajari, Soufian Gouram, Patrik Kristal, Ott Oskar Valdaru, Evert Talviste, Tony Varjund, and Gregor Roivassepp.
Football Talent Scout potential rating: