Date of birth: 04/06/2006 (17 years old)
Place of birth: Slovenia
Youth career: Šenčur, Olimpija Ljubljana (since 2022)
Current club: Olimpija Ljubljana
Squad number: —
Current national team: Slovenia U-17
Position: winger, striker
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: 2023 UEFA European Under-17 Championship qualification elite round (3/1), 2023 UEFA European Under-17 Championship (3/1)
Contract until: 30.06.2026
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Edinson Cavani/Timo Werner
– off-the-ball movement
– extensive passing skills in the final third
– improving the heading ability would be a nice addition to his skillset
– technique and first touch in tight spaces
– frequency and quality of operating with his weaker left foot
Style of play:
– mobile and hardworking striker
– quite tall player (around 180cm) with a stocky build
– strong and combative/not afraid and feels comfortable in contact duels
– he finds himself best in the counter-attacking style of play
– can operate effectively alone up front or offer versatility in the attacking duo
– intelligent movement, both inside and outside the penalty area
– superb pace over longer distances
– likes to play off the shoulder of the opposition defenders
– likes to attack from deep/wing thanks to his pace and natural verticality
– very skillful at beating his markers and evading pressure
– great sense of positioning while receiving through balls
– extremely difficult to knock off the ball thanks to his strength and ability to shield the ball
– extremely dangerous on the counter thanks to his speed and movement
– likes to take advantage of the carelessness of the opponents/always alert to capitalize on defensive mistakes
– very active in pressing/likes to press and hassle the opposition’s centre-backs effectively
Jakupović loses his markers with a good off-the-ball move, dribbles past the goalkeeper, and scores.
Jakupović scores with a precise finish after a good move and counter-attacking run.
Jakupović loses his markers after a good through ball and scores with a clinical finish.
Heatmap by Wyscout:
He is best suited to playing as:
Striker in 4-3-3.
League summary (as for 28 June 2023):
No senior team appearances yet.
Aldin Jakupović joined the Olimpija Ljubljana youth academy from Šenčur in 2021. He made his professional debut on 8 March 2023 in the Slovenian Cup game against NK Nafta 1903 – at the age of 16 years, 9 months and 4 days, he became the youngest footballer to make his debut for Olimpija since Jan Oblak. In May 2023, he was one of the leaders of Slovenia at the UEFA European Under-17 Championship along with other interesting prospects such as Luka Topalović, David Pejičić, Lovro Golič, Luka Mlakar, Rene Hrvatin, Relja Obrić, and Mark Kerin.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
Country-scale star with top European league ambition.