Date of birth: 23/06/1998 (17 years old)
Place of birth: Zagreb (Croatia)
Youth career: Dinamo Zagreb
Current club: Dinamo Zagreb
Squad number: —
Current national team: Croatia U-17
Position: winger, second striker
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: 2015 UEFA European Under-17 Championship qualification elite round (3/1), 2015 UEFA European Under-17 Championship (5/1)
Contract until: 15.06.2017
Player’s agent: unknown
Similar type of player: combined playing styles of Yevhen Konoplyanka & Memphis Depay
– powerful and accurate shot
Style of play:
– explosive winger/inside forward
– likes to dribble
– likes to cut inside
– likes to shoot from distance
– unpredictable for his opponents
– known for his explosive acceleration, and his dribbling ability at speed
– exceptional ability to maneuver in small spaces
– specializes in beating players over a short distance
– able to score from practically every position
– often uses his creativity to set up goals for other players
– plays with a natural flair and is dangerous in the box
– gets fouled often
He is best suited to playing as:
Left winger in 4-2-3-1.
No senior team appearances yet.
Josip Brekalo comes from Dinamo Zagreb. He joined the club at 8 years of age and has been a lifelong fan. He is a true star of the youth teams of the club which raised players such as Luka Modrić or Mateo Kovacić. It is nearly certain that next season his massive dream will be fulfilled – he will play for the first team at Stadion Maksimir. Josip played at the 2015 European Under-17 Championship, but his team got knocked out by Belgium in the quarterfinals. It is worth noting that Dinamo U-17 have a few other players that seem destined for a top career – Dejan Lovren, Borna Sosa, Vinko Soldo, Karlo Igor Majić, Nikola Moro and Adrian Blecić.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
Player has potential to become a key player in a top European club.