Full name in native alphabet: Николай Николаевич Обольский
Date of birth: 14/01/1997 (18 years old)
Place of birth: Tula (Russia)
Youth career: Arsenal Tula, Dinamo Moscow (since 2009)
Current club: Dinamo Moscow
Squad number: 90
Current national team: Russia U-19
Position: centre forward
Preferred foot: left
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): 325.000 €
Tournaments participated in: 2014 UEFA European Under-17 Championship qualification elite round (2/0)
Contract until: 30.06.2017
Player’s agent: unknown
Similar type of player: Olivier Giroud
No significant weaknesses.
Style of play:
– out-and-out striker
– strong and prolific goalscorer
– one-on-one situation specialist
– often uses his strength and aerial presence to bring teammates into play
– likes to play with back to goal
– killer instinct in front of goal
– aerial threat in the opposition box thanks to his impressive height and physique
– indirect set-piece threat
– likes to try to beat offside trap
– very good positional sense and movement, both inside and outside the penalty area
– good decision maker in the final third
He is best suited to playing as:
Centre forward in 4-2-3-1.
Russian Premier League 2015/2016 (ongoing): 5 matches/0 goals (Dinamo Moscow)
Nikolay Obolskiy started playing football for his hometown club – Arsenal Tula. In 2009, Nikolay and his twin brother, Maxim, joined Dynamo Moscow’s Lev Yashin Football Academy. He made his professional debut for for the White-Blues on 19 July 2015 in a league fixture against Zenit Saint Petersburg. He has been a youth Russia international for many years – starting at U-15 all the way through U-19. It is worth mentioning that this prolific goalscorer is often compared to former Russian international Roman Pavlyuchenko.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
Country-scale star with top European club ambition.