Date of birth: 11/01/1998 (18 years old)
Place of birth: Cologne (Germany)
Youth career: SC West Köln (-2007), 1.FC Köln (2007-)
Current club: 1.FC Köln/1.FC Köln II
Squad number: —
Current national team: Germany U-18
Position: central midfielder, attacking midfielder
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: 2015 UEFA European Under-17 Championship qualification elite round (1/0), 2015 UEFA European Under-17 Championship (6/0), 2015 FIFA U-17 World Cup (4/0)
Contract until: 30.06.2017
Player’s agent: Sports Total
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Zinedine Zidane
– first touch
No significant weaknesses.
Style of play:
– number “10”/advanced playmaker
– intelligent midfielder with a wonderful range of passing
– likes to exploit spaces between defensive and midfield opposite lines
– likes to come a bit deeper to get the ball
– likes to play in a free attacking role
– often makes defense splitting passes
– likes to orchestrate play with his passing and creativity
– likes to play through balls
– highly technical and creative player
– very strong mentally, physically and technically
– able to score and dribble comfortably with both feet
– has the ability to threaten from outside of the 18-yard box
He is best suited to playing as:
Attacking midfielder in 4-2-3-1.
2015 UEFA European Under-17 Championship runner-up with Germany.
Regionalliga West 2015/2016 (ongoing): 7 matches/0 goals (1.FC Köln II)
Salih Özcan joined to 1.FC Köln youth academy as a young child from a small SC West Köln. Him and Jannik Mause are considered to be the most talented players of the “Billy Goats” U-19. He showed himself to a wider crowd at the 2015 European Under-17 Championship, where Germany won a silver medal. His above average talent was also showcased a few months later at the FIFA U-17 World Cup, where he got 4 assists in 4 games, including 3 in just one game against Australia. During the 2016 winter break he got called up to the first team for a training camp, which could mean that a debut in the senior team is not too far away.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
First team material in a top European club.