Date of birth: 18/07/2000 (17 years old)
Place of birth: Rotterdam (Netherlands)
Youth career: Overmaas, Spartaan ’20, Sparta Rotterdam, Feyenoord (since 2012)
Current club: Feyenoord
Squad number: 41
Current national team: Netherlands U-18
Position: central defender, right-back, defensive midfielder, central midfielder
Preferred foot: right
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): 250.000 €
Tournaments participated in: 2017 UEFA European Under-17 Championship qualification elite round (3/0), 2017 UEFA European Under-17 Championship (4/0), UEFA Youth League 2017/2018 (3/1)
Contract until: 30.06.2020
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Sergio Ramos
– composure & anticipation
– tackling and intercepting
No significant weaknesses.
Style of play:
– complete and dominant defender
– fast, consistent, and physically strong player who feels comfortable in contact situations
– versatile defensive player able to play as a full-back or defensive midfielder if needed thanks to his vision, ability to read the game and tactical awareness
– able to play in a three-man defensive line system
– feels comfortable and has a decent composure on the ball, making part of the team’s build-up process at the first instances
– well-fit, hard-working, and quick at anticipating the movement of the opponents
– very accurate and tenacious tackler who avoids unnecessary fouls and bookings
– his pace, agility and anticipation make him a very good defender in 1 vs 1 situations
– likes to spread play with good long-range diagonals
– likes to maraud forward
– extremely dominant in the air
– high tackling and interception rate
– indirect set-piece threat
– concentrated, determined and commited player with very good rate of individual and collective work
He is best suited to playing as:
Central defender in 4-3-3.
League summary (as for 24 December 2017):
No senior team appearances yet.
Lutsharel Geertruida has joined famous Feyenoord youth academy from Sparta Rotterdam in 2012. This versatile defender is a part of the very talented new generation of Feyenoord players born in 1999, 2000 and 2001 which includes, among others, Dylan Vente, Jordy Wehrmann, Tyrell Malacia, Cheick Toure, Wouter Burger and Achraf el Bouchataoui. He made his professional debut for Feyenoord 25 October 2017 in a Dutch Cup game against AVV Swift. He is also a regular youth international for Netherlands and represented his country at the 2017 UEFA European Under-17 Championship, where Oranje made it to the quarter-final.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
First team material in a top European club.