Date of birth: 20/11/2004 (15 years old)
Place of birth: Yaoundé (Cameroon)
Youth career: FC St. Pauli, Borussia Dortmund (since 2016)
Squad number: —
Current national team: Germany U-19
Position: winger, second striker, striker
Preferred foot: left
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: UEFA Youth League 2019/2020 (7/4)
Contract until: 30.06.2022
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Samuel Eto’o
– off the ball movement
– still has a margin to improve his heading ability
Style of play:
– advanced striker
– player with good body mass ratio, physical strength, power, stamina and natural fitness who feels comfortable in contact situations
– powerful and determined striker with good technique on the ball, mobility, first touch, acceleration skills, fast direction shifts, short-dribbling, and good short-mid through passing ability
– superb off the ball intelligence to recognise spaces where to receive/run into
– very composed finisher capable on both feet
– likes to score with low driven shots
– always alert to capitalize on some opposite defensive mistakes
– great sense of positioning while receiving through balls
– excellent balance, footwork, and changes of pace
– likes to start his runs from deep and attack space
– very skillful at beating his markers and evading pressure
– known for his tricky off-the-ball movements in and around the opposite’ box
– extremely dangerous on the counter thanks to his pace and acceleration
– likes to press and hassle the opposition’s centre-backs effectively
– decent ambidexterity using his right weaker foot
– all-action and energetic
Moukoko loses his markers with great off the ball movement and scores with a low driven shot.
Moukoko with a great run from deep and superb finish with his left foot.
He is best suited to playing as:
Striker in 4-3-3.
Bundesliga U-17 2017/2018 champion with Borussia Dortmund.
Bundesliga U-17 2017/2018 top scorer.
Bundesliga U-17 2018/2019 runner-up with Borussia Dortmund.
Bundesliga U-17 2018/2019 top scorer.
League summary (as for 2 May 2020):
No senior team appearances yet.
Youssoufa Moukoko joined Borussia Dortmund from St. Pauli in 2016. He has been a real goal machine for BVB youth teams – as for today he scored 128 goals in just 84 games for Borussia’s U17s and U19s. Despite being only 15, he became the Bundesliga U-17 top scorer twice already. Youssoufa will be eligible to make his first-team debut in November after the DFL assembly approved the request to change the minimum age requirement. It is very likely that he will break the Bundesliga record by beating Nuri Sahin’s 16 years, 11 months & 1 day and becoming the youngest Bundesliga player ever.
“He’s scored a lot of goals, is very inquisitive, hungry for success, hardworking and always comes with a smile that distinguishes him. That’s what we look at. The tools are there.”
(Lars Ricken – BVB’s youth coordinator about Youssoufa Moukoko)
Football Talent Scout potential rating: