Date of birth: 04/10/2006 (15 years old)
Place of birth: Scotland
Youth career: Motherwell FC, Rangers FC (since 2022)
Current club: Rangers FC
Squad number: —
Current national team: Scotland U-17
Position: defensive midfielder, central midfielder
Preferred foot: left
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: 2022 UEFA European Under-17 Championship qualification elite round (3/0), 2022 UEFA European Under-17 Championship (3/0)
Contract until: unknown
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Granit Xhaka
– tactical awareness
– ability to read the game
– not the fastest player – compensates it with his good positioning
– operating with his right weaker foot
Style of play:
– midfield controller
– functions best when placed at the base of a midfield three as a holding midfielder
– able to cover effectively several other positions such as centre-back or left-back if needed
– player with decent body mass ratio, physical strength, power, stamina and natural fitness who feels quite comfortable in contact situations
– concentrated and hardworking player with very good reading of the game and anticipation
– knows how to dictate tempo and has the natural ability of an ‘orchestrator’ midfielder who determines the geometry of play
– doesn’t like to take unnecessary risks and always tries to find the optimal option on the ball
– very good range of passing at all distances
– above-average composure and retention skills under pressure
– constantly asking for the ball and often is an additional passing option
– restricts the offensive play of his opponents very well through his positioning and timing
– accurate and tenacious tackler with high percentage of defensive duels won
– high number of touches and passes per game
– avoids using his right weaker foot
– good leadership skills, he seems to be a quiet but determined, mature, and charismatic player/possible captain in the future
Rice spreads the play with a superb long-range pass.
Rice intercepts the ball, makes a quick decision, and plays a very smart pass to his teammate.
Heatmap by InStat:
He is best suited to playing as:
Defensive midfielder in 4-3-3.
League summary (as for 5 July 2022):
No senior team appearances yet.
Bailey Rice is a product of Motherwell youth academy. He is considered to be one of the most talented teenagers in Scotland. He is a regular youth international for Scotland. In May 2022 he represented his country at the UEFA European Under-17 Championship where he was the youngest player of the tournament. In the summer of 2022, he moved to the Scottish powerhouse Rangers FC.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
First team material in a top European league.