Full name: Bastien Meupiyou Menadjou
Date of birth: 19/03/2006 (16 years old)
Place of birth: Paris (France)
Youth career: FC Nantes
Current club: FC Nantes
Squad number: —
Current national team: France U-17
Position: central defender, defensive midfielder
Preferred foot: left
Market value (by transfermarkt.de): —
Tournaments participated in: UEFA Youth League 2022/2023 (3/0)
Contract until: unknown
Player’s agent: unknown
Transfer rumours: —
Similar type of player: Benoît Badiashile
– aerial duels
No significant weaknesses.
Style of play:
– complete, elegant, and dominant centre-back
– player with excellent body mass ratio, physical strength, power, stamina, and natural fitness who feels comfortable in contact situations
– able to play as a left-sided centre-back in a three-man defence system
– forceful, proactive, quick, and powerful
– prefers an active style of defending by getting into challenges and pressing opponents
– able to play in a high defensive line thanks to his pace, reactivity, positioning, and reading of the game
– very composed and cultured passer with a proclivity for breaking the lines with intricate vertical balls
– known for his good timing, confidence in possession, understanding of the game, and an above-average technical capacity
– does not dive into tackles
– likes to maraud forward with the ball at his feet and assess options on the move
– tenacious and accurate tackler/very strong in 1vs1 duels
– very strong player who knows how to use his body to gain advantage/wins most of the physical duels
– very good at recovering from mistakes thanks to his recovery pace, long-reaching, and determination
– positively aggressive, usually plays clean, and doesn’t get booked often
– very quick at anticipating the movement and passes of the opponents
– determined and committed player with a very good rate of individual and collective work
– extremely dominant in the air/aerial threat in the opposition box
Meupiyou breaks the lines with a superb laser pass.
Meupiyou leaves the line, intercepts the ball, and starts the counter-attack.
Meupiyou reacts and reads the game superbly and intercepts a very dangerous pass.
Heatmap by Wyscout:
He is best suited to playing as:
Central defender in 4-3-3.
League summary (as for 6 February 2023):
National 2 2022/2023 (ongoing): 5 games/0 goals (Nantes II)
Bastien Meupiyou is a product of la Jonelière, the superb FC Nantes youth academy. He is one of the leaders of a very interesting generation of French players born in 2006 which includes, among others Warren Zaïre-Emery, Eli Junior Kroupi, Mohamed-Amine Bouchenna, Tidiam Gomis, Saïmon Bouabré, Mathis Lambourde, Arthur Tchaptchet, Daouda Traoré, and Nhoa Sangui. Bastien made his debut for Nantes’ reserves in the French fourth tier on 3 December 2022 against Lorient B.
Football Talent Scout potential rating:
Player has the potential to become a key player in a top European club.